#NaPoWriMo 2018 Day 06 New Prompt
Sadly I was defeated by the original prompt from the NaPoWriMo website but I was inspired by a lyric prompt from an All Poetry Competition. Choose “at least” 10 song titles , and work them into a romantic love poem of your own making. Can be “Happy or Sad”. “Rhyme is preferred” and will count when judging. It has to make sense, in “10 lines Minimum…20 lines Maximum”.
Broken Hearted Melody
I recently learned that I won a Silver Award for this poem see all the winners by clicking HERE. Some great entries.
Click the image to enlarge (opens in a new window) The song list from which I chose is posted below.
Listen on SoundCloud
Song List for the Lyric Prompt
1. Sincerely ~ McGuire Sisters
2. I Cried A Tear ~ Laverne Baker
3. Ain’t That A Shame ~ Fats Domino
4. Wish You Were Here ~ Eddie Fisher
5. Too Young ~ Nat King Cole
6. Only You ~ The Platters
7. On The Street Where You Live ~ The Crewcuts
8. Cold, Cold Heart ~ Tony Bennett
9. Singing The Blues ~ Marty Robbins
10. You Belong To Me ~ The Duprees
11. Last Date ~ Floyd Cramer
12. Autumn Leaves ~ Roger Williams
13. I Went To Your Wedding ~ Patti Page
14. Any Way You Want Me ~ Elvis Presley
15. Memories Are Made Of This ~ Dean Martin
16. April Love ~ Pat Boone
17. September In The Rain ~ Dinah Washington
18. Night (Here Comes The Night) ~ Jackie Wilson
19. Broken-Hearted Melody ~ Sarah Vaughn
20. Don’t You Know? ~ Della Reese
21. Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow? The Shirelles
Original Prompt:- begin with a photograph this is a good selection but I like Pixabay. Now find a poem in a language you don’t know (here’s a good place to look!) Ignore any accompanying English translation (maybe cover it up, or cut-and-paste the original into a new document). Now start translating the poem into English, with the idea that the poem is actually “about” your photograph. Use the look and feel of the words in the original to guide you along as you write, while trying to describe your photograph. It will be a bit of a balancing act, but hopefully it will lead to new and beautiful (and possibly very weird) places. Click HERE to see the daily prompts.
Picture courtesy of Pixabay Creative Commons
The image is actually listed as autumn girl in the forest but when I first saw this and being in black and white it made me think of early spring.
Thank you for dropping by if you like to write poetry why not try the lyric prompt love to see what you come up with.